Another low calorie, healthy option for a delicious lunchtime snack – it’s quick and easy to make but packed full of nutritious veggies which are so necessary to ensure a balanced diet! Don’t forget you can include whatever vegetables you prefer, this is just an example!
Veggie Omelette *
To serve 1 person (321 kcal per person)
Preparation time; Less than 30 mins
Cooking time; Less than 10 mins
Fry Light (to coat pan) (4 -5 kcals)
Medium Eggs x2 (166 kcals)
Mushrooms 50g (7 kcals)
Spring Onion 25g (7 kcals)
Cherry Tomatoes 50g (18 kcals)
Low Fat Crème Fraiche or Low Fat Natural Yoghurt 60g (46 kcals)
Parmesan 15g (60 kcals)
Garlic and or Chilli (optional but tasty) (3 kcals)
Seasoning – A little Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spray Fry Light around a small frying pan and cook up all your veggies (add garlic or chilli here if you prefer a little more kick).
- Once lightly cooked through any drain excess water and add seasoning.
- Whisk together the eggs and crème fresh/yoghurt in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooked vegetables (in the small frying pan) and cook on hob until the mixture has solidified.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on the top and grill for a few minutes until the top is golden brown.
Serve with a delicious fresh green salad for a light, healthy and tasty lunch.
*Fits in a mug!
Don’t forget if you want to lose weight it’s not about “dieting” it’s about changing your lifestyle – eat better, get active & enjoy life – get off the sofa & live a little!!!